Tuesday, November 30, 2010

21 & 22 of 30

Still playing catch-up a bit. Below are the outfits I wore Monday and today. The majority of Monday was spent driving home. Five hours. In the rain. The entire time. Needless to say, I did not look nor feel up to taking outfit photos when I got home, so I recreated it today for your viewing pleasure.


Outfit 21

Day 21 (Driving Home)

Yellow Cardi - Loft
Stripe Tee - J.Crew
Skinny Jeans - James
Boots - Frye
Necklace - Dillards


I realized that I hadn't taken any of my photos with my glasses on. This is a bit of a misrepresentation of myself, because I almost always wear glasses. There is a stereotype about architects that they always wear black and have weird glasses. This is a stereotype that happens to be completely true. I can pick out architects in any city I visit just based on their apparel and eye wear.

For the most part, I've managed to not reinforce the stereotype. Even though architecture school gives you many things to mourn (loss of free time, loss of sanity), I never went completely black with my outfits. I do own lots of black clothing, but I try to pair it with color or print. Try as I might to break the mold, I could not pass up the "architectural" glasses. My friends and I joke that there is a special case of glasses that they pull out if you show them your AIA (American Institute of Architects) card. All joking aside, the glasses do serve a purpose. We've all spent entirely too many hours staring at a computer screen and our eye sight is shot.


Outfit 22

Day 22 (Teaching Non-Western Architecture)

Blazer - Banana Republic
Honeycomb Blouse - Banana Republic (via consignment)
Black Skirt - Banana Republic
Boots - Vintage
Glasses - Kate Spade
Necklace - Vintage

Today before class, one of my students asked where I shopped. I guess I'm still dressing stylishly even 22 days in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form