Tuesday, November 23, 2010

14 of 30 - Back with a Vengeance

Today I'm really back fashion-wise. The last two days were "fillers" so to speak.

Lately, I've been thinking about how the way you dress effects the way people perceive you. I feel like sometimes if you dress too fashiony (at least in my area and profession) then you aren't taken as seriously. Like you can't be fashionable and academic at the same time.


There are certain items/outfits that I won't wear to teach, because they're not serious enough? Not professorial? I'm not quite sure, but I do have a fear of looking too young. I teach a class of 18 year-olds and am often mistaken for a student myself, even though I am in my late-20s. I guess my main goal when dressing for work is to seem older and more credible. Therefore, I tend to avoid trendy items that might make me look younger. I pass on cute outfits that might mess with my "professional image". Oh well, I guess that is what the weekends are for.

Outfit 14

Day 14: Teaching (Non-Western Architecture)

Dress - Banana Republic
Blouse - Tucker for Target
Locket - Vintage (with random children inside)
Belt - ?
Bracelet - Vintage
Heels - Gianni Bini

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form