Sunday, January 8, 2012

You Search, I Answer: Polka Dots

Today's You Search, I Answer is based on the search term "Is polka dot professional?". My answer is an unequivocal "Yes!".  No matter where you work you can incorporate polka dots into your professional wardrobe.

If you are polka dot shy:
  • Start with tiny dots
  • Wear them in neutral colors
  • Wear them with neutral, classic pieces

As your dot confidence increase:
  • Wear larger dots
  • Integrate your dots with color
  • Mix your dots with trendy pieces

I own a whole range of dot sizes from micro dots to muffin sized dots. Below are several outfits with a gradient of dots arranged small to large i.e. easiest to pull off to more daring. 




2012-01-09 1a

Classic Suit + Micro-Dot Blouse + Black Tights & Pumps = Even an Investment Banker Can Pull Off Dots




2012-01-09 1b






2012-01-09 2a

Classic Suit + Lady-Like Blouse + Dotty Tights + Classic Pumps = A Little More Daring




2012-01-09 3

Camel Blazer + Dotted Blouse + Black Skinnies + Riding Boots + Chain Necklace = Classic with a Twist




2012-01-09 4

Black Blazer + Lady-Like Blouse + Polka Dot Pencil Skirt + Black Tights & Pumps =  Quirky Professional


All of these outfits are in neutrals for the dot shy.  I'll do a Part 2 "You're Comfortable with Dots, Now What?" post later.  In the mean time, if you are feeling brave you could go for larger dots or even polka dot pants.

 So what do you think, are polka dots easy to pull off for work?  Do you wear them?  If so, how?




2 comments:

  1. I am especially loving the dotty tights and the skirt. Actually, I love all the outfits! I'm keeping my eye out for some pieces for myself now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.
    St. Pierre American Professional Horseshoe Set

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form