Friday, December 10, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things

Okay, so I'm not normally one to disclose prices unless I got an insanely good deal on something. Well, dear readers, my entire outfit cost less than $25.00. You heard that right, $25.00! That's the total for everything I'm wearing except the tights (I've had them so long I forgot how much they cost).


oscar skirt

The most expensive thing I'm wearing is my shirt. It's from Anthropologie, which normally means big bucks, but I found this baby for $10. Love their sale racks. My locket and bracelet are both vintage. The locket was my Great Aunt's and the bracelet was a gift, while my belt was $1.00 at a local flea market.

My skirt is vintage Oscar de la Renta. A big name in fashion, but not big money in this case. I found this during my post 30 for 30 Goodwill run, where all skirts are $3.99 and this was no exception. It was a bit on the long and dowdy side, but I've finally figured out how to make a blind hem on my sewing machine. I hemmed it up myself, taking off six inches and saving about $8.00 in the process (the amount a tailor would charge for the alteration).


Joan and David Couture Vintage Boots

Finally, the boots. Oh, the boots. These are vintage Joan and David Couture, also found at Goodwill, though several months ago. I paid $7.99 for them, but I know they had to be a couple hundred dollars originally. I wore them for the first time today to walk to the Walgreen's on the corner and before I could even get in the door a girl was complimenting me on them.

So that brings the grand total to under $25.00. Why am I telling you all this you may ask? I just want to make the point that you don't have to spend a lot of money to dress well. It's going to take a little more work, a little more looking, a little more DIY-ing, but with a little more effort it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form