Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vintage Modern

Outfit 122110

Jacket - Vintage, Thrifted
Sweater - Anthro
Jeans - Banana
Boots - Frye
Necklace - Anthro

The jacket above (along with a matching skirt) is another one of my Goodwill finds. I think the suit is late 50s or early 60s. I got both pieces for $10.00. It's a little costumy when worn together, but when broken up, both pieces manage to work well with my modern wardrobe. A funny thing is that the suit came from the same store where my Great Aunt worked as a seamstress during the 1960s. It's neat to think that she may have even worked on this jacket.

My aunt would tell stories of when they would close up the shop and stay late so that Elvis could bring in Priscilla. She told that Priscilla was really a size 12 or 14, but would want to wear a 4 or 6 so they would have to take the smaller clothes and adjust every seam possible just so they would fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form