Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Day After

How does one make a successful transition into a post 30 for 30 world? I've been perusing various books and magazines for inspiration. One book that I find particularly inspiring, even after two years (ancient in fashion years), is Isaac Mizrahi"s How to Have Style.


Book

I got this book for Christmas a few years ago and love looking through it to glean inspiration. The advice in the book is practical, aimed at "normal" women, but it also manages to be chic and stylish at the same time.


Book Page

One bit of advice Isaac gives is to play fashion games. Find an outfit in a magazine and try to recreate it using what is already in your closet. I thought that this might be a nice extension of the 30 for 30 challenge, so I took Isaac up on his offer, and what better place to start than his own book. My inspiration image was the one on the right, but when I started assembling the pieces for the outfit I realized the skirt I wanted to wear had been left at my parents' house. On to Plan B.


Day After


Wearing whatever I darn well please. I'm planning a little thrifting expedition (it has been over a month) and I needed a comfy, casual look. Voila.

Army Jacket - Mossimo (Target)
Stripe Tee - Rodarte for Target
Skinny Jeans - T.J. Maxx
Boots - Frye
Necklace - Vintage

Maybe not the most exciting post 30 for 30 outfit, but I promise I will manage to translate my "lessons learned" into my real life.

Oh, I almost forgot. Be sure to check out Shop Unusual Form. I'll be selling some of my pieces that have not been getting enough love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form