Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ketchup

I'm playing catch up once again. Below is my outfit from my department's end of the semester party. The dress is a vintage 1950s Suzy Perette. I had never heard of this designer before purchasing the dress, but apparently she was really popular in the 50s and is known for good quality dresses.

I purchased the dress from a guy who was liquidating his vintage clothing collection. I actually bought several dress from him at the time (7 to be exact), but this is the first time I have worn any of them. The dress fit like a glove, with no altering. I had the perfect accessory, my mom's vintage 1950s pearls. My dad gave them to her as a gift for their 30th anniversary a few years ago. I felt very Mad Men-esque wearing the whole ensemble.


Soiree Dress


Architecture Department Halfway Soiree

Vintage Dress - Suzy Perette
Vintage Pearls - Borrowed from Mom
Peep Toe Heels - Gianni Bini

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form