Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time Traveling (Not Yet A) Wife

I was in the 1950s last week, now I've moved back a decade. I call this one 1940s war bride that was left behind on the ranch. I have reason to believe that this vintage dress really is from the 40s. It was one of several dresses I purchased from a man liquidating his vintage collection. I think this is the second (of seven) to make an appearance.

Certain vintage dresses call for a special occasion. Psychedelic maxi dresses from the 60s scream out for a warm summer day, maybe a garden party. One of the dresses is a perfect 1940s "I'm leaving on my honeymoon dress". It's absolutely meant for that occasion, which I have not yet encountered. A Oscar de la Renta day dress needs a summer wedding. I guess I really need to start making occasions to wear these dresses, instead of letting them languish in my closet.


Outfit 04.10.11

Dress - Vintage
Shoes - Gianni Bini
Necklace - Coldwater Creek
Belt - Thrifted
Lipstick - Revlon Fire and Ice


Please excuse the in-the-carport pics. It was terribly windy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form