Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Another Thrift Store Miracle

Okay. Miracle is perhaps too strong of a word. How about fortuitous coincident? Serendipitous event? Over Spring Break, I took the opportunity to hit up some thrift stores in a part of the state I don't get to very often. I'm perusing Goodwill and low and behold I find a blazer, not just any blazer, but a blazer that is an exact match to the maroon skirt from my Winter 30 for 30 challenge previously worn here, here, and here. It's the same fabric, same brand, and perhaps miraculously it fits.

What are the chances of finding two halves of a vintage suit more than 350 miles apart? I would be less surprised if it were more recent pieces, like 5 year old Gap or something, but vintage? Both pieces did come from Goodwill, albeit two different Goodwills in two different states. Maybe there is some kind of big Goodwill clearing house and these two pieces were separated. Well regardless of their past lives, they're together now and together they will stay.


Miracle Suit


In the spirit of wearing the unworn, the blazer made an appearance today. Pretty close to the day of purchase I might add. I did break the pieces up, which seems sad so soon after their reunion, but fear not, they shall be worn as a suit eventually.



Outfit 03.16.11


Blazer - Vintage, Thrifted (1st time out)
Blouse - J.Crew (1st time out)
Pants - Banana Republic
Boots - Thrifted
Belt - J.Crew, Thrifted (1st time out)


If I keep doubling up on unworn pieces, this challenge may not last quite as long as I thought it would. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form