Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What am I waiting for?

Starting this week, I'm doing my own mini challenge. I have decided to refrain from shopping until I have worn every unworn item in my closet. Today, I counted all the items that still have tags or were vintage/thrifted and unworn (by me) and came up with at least 25 pieces. I have a sneaking suspicion that there are a few other items lurking in my "extra" closet at my parent's house.

The rules of this challenge are quite simple. Each day I wear at least one previously unworn item, freely mixed with all the other items I already own. Until all said items have been worn, no shopping. I'm limiting this to seasonally appropriate clothing. Those new bikinis are just going to have to wait. And to items that fit. Come on. I know everyone else has a few of those "aspirational" items, or thing that just plain don't fit.

If most of us would admit it, the reason we go shopping is not out of need, but instead for the thrill of the new. Well, I already have that thrill hanging in my closet, 25 times over. New thrill (already paid for thrill) just waiting to be worn.

Alright, I'm asking everyone to fess up. How many unworn pieces do you have in your closet? I can't be the only one with this problem.


Outfit 03A


Cardigan - Gap (1st time out)
Blouse - Anthropologie (1st time out)
Pants - Banana Republic
Shoes - Banana Republic
Glasses - Kate Spade
Necklace - Banana Republic
Bracelet - Mexico

All previously unworn items will be marked "1st time out", just so you can know which gems I'm finally putting into rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form