Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Neutrals Week - Day 1

I'm going to do something you probably thought that I would never attempt.  Neutrals Week!  I'm setting out to prove that I can be stylish without relying heavily on bright colors and prints.  I know that's generally how I roll, but a girl's got to change it up from time to time.  So this week, neutrals only (or mostly).  Do you think I can do it?




2012-05-15

Blouse - Banana Republic, Resale Shop
Skinnies - BDG, Urban Outfitters
Heels - Antonio Melani, Thrifted
Necklace - Thrifted


First up a new shirt, or new to me at least.  It picked it up at a local resale shop. This particular shop has nice merchandise (sorority girls' barely worn cast offs) and it's reasonably priced.  I purchased the above gray silk shirt for $7.50.  A little more than at a thrift store, but definitely still worth the price.  Even though I'm not wearing any color in this outfit (aside from plum heels), the fit and shape of the blouse add interest.  The blousey fit nicely contrasts with my skinny jeans and the little details like metal buttons and peplum hem just add further interest to the outfit.  So did I do it?  Did I manage to be both neutral and interesting?


On a side note be sure to check out my eShakti giveaway if you haven't already.  A winner will be announce on Friday, June 1st.  And check back tomorrow for the second installment of Neutrals Week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form