Monday, February 13, 2012

Four Eyes are Better than Two

There really is something to the stereotype about architects wearing funky glasses. We would joke in school that if you were shopping for glasses and showed them your AIA (American Institute of Architects) Card, the would pull out a special case where the funky classes were kept. Now 'nerdy' vintage inspired frames have gone mainstream.  I used to be to spot an architect based solely on eye wear, but with so many cool glasses now on the market, it's getting harder and harder to tell.



2012-02-07b



When the lovely people at GlassesUSA.com offered to let me try out a pair of their glasses, I pleased to find they had an entire section devoted to vintage inspired frames (what can I say, old habits die hard).  I quickly found a pair I liked and order them.

I must admit, I was a little leery of buying prescription glasses online.  Even though I emailed the company my exact prescription from my optometrist, there is just something a little unsettling about buying glasses that you haven't tried on in person.  When these arrived in the mail, I put them on and was pleasantly surprised by how clear they were.

If you are in the market to buy glasses, I suggest checking out GlassesUSA.com.  The process was really simple, they have a great selection of glasses at affordable prices, and they shipped really quickly to boot. 

If you do decide to order your own pair of eyeglasses, you can take 20% off your entire order of $80 or more and get free shipping with the code: FS20.


2012-02-07a


Glasses - iSee 026, GlassesUSA.com
Blouse - J.Crew, Gifted
Jeans - Bullhead Black, Plato's Closet
Boots - Gianni Bini, Dillard's
Necklace - Resale Shop
Bracelet - Vintage, Mom'd



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form