Monday, November 14, 2011

You Search, I Answer: Silk Blouse

Today, I'm starting a new series of blog posts entitled "You Search, I Answer".  Each week, I'll pick one of the search keywords that people use to find my blog and write a post based on it.  Today's post is based on the search "button up silk blouse outfits".

Ahh...the button up silk blouse.  So feminine sounding.  Silk!  Blouse!, but generally over-sized, boxy, and distinctly masculine, even in a soft color like blush.

The key to styling the button up silk shirt is simple bold pieces with a touch of the feminine.  Ruffles and florals are too overtly feminine, while trousers strike a "Sally from Third Rock from the Sun" note. (Seriously. Watch a few episodes on Netflix.) Here's my formula for getting it right:


button up silk blouse + sleek skirt + bold belt + boots + 1 piece of statement jewelry = outfit perfection


I used this same formula with this blouse and a maxi skirt.



2011-11-15


Silk Blouse - Ann Taylor, Thrifted
Skirt - Banana Republic
Belt - Flea Market
Boots - Vintage, Thrifted
Bracelet - Vintage, Garage Sale 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form