Tuesday, November 22, 2011

From Magazine to Me: Jenna Lyons in Glamour

Last week I introduced a new series of posts entitled "You Search, I Answer", where I write a post based on a search term someone used to find my blog.  So far I've covered silk button up blouses and camel blazers.

This week I'd like to introduce a new series of posts called "From Magazine to Me" where I'll take an inspiration photo out of a current magazine and recreate it using items in my closet.  

First up is this stunner from J.Crew president, Jenna Lyons, featured in the November 2011 issue of Glamour.  I love that she can combine something dramatic (feathered maxi skirt!) with something basic (camel v-neck sweater) and make it look so glamorous.




jenna lyons

Photo: Steven Lovekin/Getty Images


Since I have very few occasions that call for being so dressed up, I decided to recreate this as a work outfit.  Neutral v-neck sweater? Check. Simple overall color scheme? Check.  Red lips for just a pop of color? Check. Dapper companion? Check. Long dramatic skirt? Almost. What I lack in feathers (who really wants to molt all day?), I make up for with a thigh high slit.




2011-11-22


On Me:
Sweater - Banana Republic
Skirt - Thrift Store
Boots - Gianni Bini, Goodwill
Bracelets - Kohl's

On Him:
Thermal - Gap
Pants - Eddie Bauer
Shoes - Merrell
Bracelet - paracord.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form