Thursday, November 3, 2011

Guest Post - Katie of Fashion Frugality

I asked a few lovely ladies from around the web to be virtual guests at my wedding.  This week while I'm sunning on a Bahamian beach, these ladies will share with you what they "wore" to my wedding.  Hopefully you'll get some great ideas about what to wear to a fall wedding.  Today we have Katie from Fashion Frugality.

Hi, Unusual Form readers! I'm Katie from Fashion Frugality and am honored to be here today in place of Kara. When Kara invited me to guest post here while she is off getting married (you know, no big deal and all!), I was elated! Kara always looks so put together, classy and chic, doesn't she? It is absolutely the icing on the cake that all of her outfits come together at such a great low cost! My kind of lady!

Here is what I would wear to her beautiful outdoor fall wedding...



Fall Wedding @ Unusual
Form
Dress: Vintage (possibly handmade - no tag!), Thrifted, $5
Scarf: InetSilk, Won in giveaway from B. Jones Style
Necklace: Vintage, Bought in grab bag from Vera Grace (small boutique in Michigan), $5
Shoes: Metro7, Walmart, $7 (on sale years ago)
Purse: Fossil, Thrifted
Glasses: SEE Eyewear


Here's a little backstory on this fantastic dress: Over a year ago, I was shopping at one of my favorite local thrift shops (on a half off sale day, no less!) when I saw it on a mannequin in one of their displays. Actually, I was already in line when I saw it from across the store. Pretty sure I went from 0 to 60 and made a beeline over to this very pretty piece! It had to be mine. Now, the only problem was that this store display was on a stage type area where I would have to climb and attempt to get this off the mannequin. Doing this quietly was not going to happen so I very politely asked a nearby worker if I was allowed to take it off the mannequin. She told me no.

NO!? NO! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Deflated, I headed back to the register to purchase the rest of my items. Pouting was included. Once I got to the register, I decided to bite the bullet and ask again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again - right? So, again, I very politely ask the cashier. She told me I could absolutely go take it off the mannequin. Pretty sure I almost leaned over the register and hugged her.



Fall Wedding @ Unusual
Form


We've been living in bliss ever since. I am so happy to get her out and wear her to Kara's wedding! Well, sort of. Kara, we're with you in spirit!



Fall Wedding @ Unusual
Form


Add in one of my absolute favorite necklaces and I am so good to go! Can you believe I bought this in a grab bag of misc necklaces from one of my favorite locally owned stores? Never underestimate the goodies you can find in small corners! Vera Grace is a small store in Michigan that my mom took me to a few years ago. I became a fast friend when I realized she had a box full of jewelry grab bags in the back for $7 and under.



Fall Wedding @ Unusual
Form


Oh! Don't forget the purse! I used to be the type that would hunt down a pretty, perfectly matched purse for each special occassion I would attend. Can you say wasteful? Eesh. I've since changed my ways and find that adding an accessory like a scarf or pin to a simple purse can really dress them up and add a little pizzazz (yeah, I said it) to your outfit. Use what you have already and save yourself a lot of time, money and space. Why hold on to five zillion different purses that you only wear once, right?

Well, folks, that about does it for me! I have a wedding to catch and some dancing to do!



Fall Wedding @ Unusual
Form


Kara, I wish you all the best for your wedding and every day thereafter. I am so happy for you and thankful that you've included me in on a small piece of the fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form