Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mad Woman

I've been watching Season 1 of Mad Men on Netflix and let me tell you, it warms my mid-century loving heart.  The furniture! The clothes! Just not the sexism or racism.  But the clothes!  Oh, the clothes!  I admire Joan's style.  Who wouldn't want to be Joan?  I'm probably closer to Peggy in real life, but I love Betty's style.  Perfection.  This outfit was actually inspired by some random office girl, but it's inspired none the less.


2011-10-04


Dress - Banana Republic
Blouse - Lilly Pulitzer, TJ Maxx
Tights - ?
Heels - Gianni Bini
Brooch - Vintage, Goodwill



2011-10-04B


Note the brooch. It's from this week's Thrift Finds for the Week. It fit perfectly with my mid-century look. The blue tights? Not so much. I've got to put the "modern" in mid-century modern, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form