Friday, March 30, 2012

30x30 - Outfit 5



30x30 Outfit 5a


Blazer - Vintage, Thrifted
Blouse - Vintage, Thrifted
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Frye, Resale Shop
Bracelet - Mom'd


If you ask me my favorite era of clothing, I would probably say late 50s, early 60s.  Very Mad Men.  But in my day-to-day wear, I often find myself drawn to 70s. 

Part of it is because the "borrowed from the boys" style better fits my boyish figure and it represents the first time women started to enter the professions in serious numbers.

I think the biggest reason is because the 70s represent the time when my mom was a young woman.  Most of the pictures of my mom as an adult but B.K. (before Kara) are in the 70s.  High-waist jeans, concert tees.  Next time I'm at my parents house, I'll have to dig up some photos to illustrate my point.  What eras are you drawn to?  What eras do you find yourself wearing most often?



30x30 Outfit 5b



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form