Monday, October 25, 2010

Skirting the Issue

I suppose I've been on a skirt binge lately. I see so many tutorial online and skirts seem like one of the easiest things to make for yourself. You don't have to worry about sleeves and shoulders and busts like you would with a dress.



The first skirt is a project that I've been intending to do for quite some time. It's a tutorial on the ReadyMade website on how to turn a men's shirt into a skirt. I found a shirt I liked for $2.oo at my LTS. I think that the directions on the website are missing some words. It was a bit hard to follow, but I used what was there and filled in the blanks on my own. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well. Now to style it I think I need an old band t-shirt and some beat up cowboy boots.




The second skirt was also a tutorial I found online. I used some vintage fabric I found at my LTS (a different one than above). This time 2 yards of fabric for $1.00. The elastic in the waist actually cost more than the fabric. A quick and easy tutorial I'd recommend anytime you want to spice up your wardrobe on the cheap.

2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! I love the colors and the length flatters you so well!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form