Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mexi Dress


I found this dress at a local garage sale. I bought this dress and a similar navy blue one for $5.00 each. According to the previous owners, they are vintage. The dress fit everywhere except for the length.



Using my new hemming technique learned from my Home Ec class, I cut 10 inches off this baby. Add a belt and perfetto. I immediately wore it out to the grocery store. I was a little worried because I was also carrying my Frida Kahlo Mexican shopping bag. I didn't want to come across too costumey; however, I figured most people wouldn't put the two together. The first lady I saw coming out of the store commented on how cute my dress was, so I figure I was golden.

1 comment:

  1. Hi classmate! I love, love love your dress. I hope you don't mind, but I linked you post to my blog today. I finally got around to this project for Home Ec, and I wanted to share the other cute alterations from my classmates. Let me know if you prefer me to unlink you!
    e
    http://www.bluestarinkblog.com/2010/10/home-ec-resized-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form