Wednesday, December 29, 2010

From Trash to Anthro Treasure

Yesterday I was able to complete a craft project that has been on my list for a long time. I had liked a similar necklace that Anthropologie had a while back. I probably could have managed the $40 price tag, but free is much better, not to mention the pride that comes with wearing something that you have made with your own two hands.


Necklace Before

I started out with a few vintage "pearl" necklaces. These were damaged pieces that were in my Grandma's craft stash. Next came a silky, satiny scrap of fabric with the most gorgeous painterly print. The fabric was part of group that I got at a yard sale, $5.00 for a garbage bag full. Using this tutorial and a free afternoon, I soon had a pretty convincing final product.



Necklace After

Pretty good for a couple hours and practically no money. I think that I'm going to make a couple more in different colors. I have a really cute scrap of fabric that's red with white polka dots. I think it actually came from the same yard sale as this fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Unusual Form